Doctoral studies news and events
International Planning Sessions 2022
Also this year IPS organizes the International Planning Sessions, a series of lectures by international experts on diverse challenges of urban and regional planning in the global south.
Undergraduate and graduate students (incl. doctoral researchers) in the Department of Spatial Planning are invited to attend (with opportunity for credit points), as well as anyone else interested.
Dates (Tuesdays, 10:15-11:45 CEST):
- 17 May 2022 (Hörsaalgebäude I / HS 5) - Prof. Sandra Momm (Universidade Federal do ABC): "Contemporary trends in planning in Brazil, insurgency in planning"
- 24 May 2022 (Hörsaalgebäude I / HS 5) - Dr. Amadine Spire (University of Paris): "Governing expropriation and urban resettlement in Lomé over time, 2011-2021"
- 31 May 2022 (online) - Prof. Mary Lawhon (University of Edinburgh): "Making Heterogeneous Infrastructural Futures"
- 14 June 2022 (online) - Dr. Wangui Kimari (University of Cape Tow): "The Story of a Pump: Life, Death and Afterlives within an Urban Planning of 'Divide and Rule' in Nairobi, Kenya"
- 21 June 2022 (Hörsaalgebäude I / HS 5) - Prof. Nikhil Anand (University of Pennsylvania): "A City without a Sea? Climate Action Planning in Mumbai"
More information and contact details: PDF. Further announcements and access details (e.g. zoom links) for the individual events will follow.
We are looking forward to seeing your there!